Welcome to Mexico. Land of the Tacos, Tequila, Mayans, and more tequila. Seriously I have never had Tequila pushed me as much as I did in Cozumel. New Places where I was offered tequila today:
1. Leaving the boat at 8 am
2. On the ferry at 8:20
3. On the trasport to Playa de Carmen at 8:30
4. On the dock after landing in Playa Carmen at 9:00am
5. ON THE BUS TO THE MAYAN RUINS AT 9:10am
6. Every 15 minutes between Playa de Carmen to Ruins of tumilio (it was a 1 hour bus ride so this = 4 times)
7. When we got off the bus at the Ruins
8. Repeat all of these on the return trip to the boat.
Needless to say everyone I know, knows that I like a good Margarita but this was seriously out of control. I saw ruins today that predate 3000 BC and the one thing that sticks is the number of times I was offered Tequila?
Other fun things I saw today included watching one of the biggest guys I have ever seen in my life with long hair and a Sturgis shirt on (read: biker gang) curled up in the fetal position with seasickness. It was one of those moments where you know something doesn’t make sense, and you would really like to cheer but that is bad karma and I need none of that. Feel better biker guy.
Sunburn update: I look like a red bell pepper. Most people go on vacation to get rid of their farmer tans; I have managed to increase mine 10 fold. I also got sunscreen in my eyes today, that feeling could make me sacrifice a baby.
I think Mexico is seriously selling itself short.